Small businesses that borrowed $150K or less can soon apply for loan forgiveness directly through the Small Business Administration rather than their lender.WASHINGTON – The U.S. Small
Preparing for Acts of Terrorism ☘ Hoey Team ☘ eXp Realty
Dated: September 14 2019
What is Terrorism?
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines terrorism as “the unlawful use of force against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in the furtherance of political or social objectives.” Terrorist acts are intended to:
• Cause mass casualties, panic and instill fear
• Produce a loss of critical resources
• Disrupt vital services and the economy
What are the most likely targets?
• Public assembly areas
• Public and government buildings
• Mass transit
• Places of high economic impact
• Telecommunications facilities
• Historic or symbolic places
• Amusement parks
• Special events
• Large structures and bridges
Visiting these places is part of our way of life.
You should not avoid them, but have a heightened sense of awareness when you visit them.
The United States has identified and monitors numerous terror related issues which include:
• Christmas Day Underwear Bombing
• Five Americans held in Pakistan
• Chicago Businessman charged with planning the attacks in Mumbai
• Denver man charged with terror plot
• American Somali Terrorist Connections
• Radicalized Americans such as the Fort Hood attacker
• The possibility of Guantanamo detainees being brought to the United States
Many attacks have been thwarted by alert citizens and law enforcement such as:
• Plot to bomb the Islamic Center of Pinellas Park, Fl. by Robert J. Gold-stein in retaliation for Palestinian suicide bombings of Israel (2002)
• Plot to blow up the Transcontinental Pipeline (Gulf Coast to NY) by Michael C. Reynolds (2005)
• Plot to blow up the Sears Tower, by Nasreal Batiste of Miami, FL (2005)
• Plot to blow up Fort Dix, NJ. US military base by six radical Islamist (2007)
• Plot to blow up a jet fuel artery at JFK Airport by 4 Islamist extremist, led by Russell Defraites of Brooklyn, NY (2007)
What is the State of Florida doing to prepare for Acts of Terrorism?
According to state statue the Florida Department of Law Enforcement has established 7 Regional Domestic Security Task Forces throughout Florida.
It is the job of these task forces to perform the following functions:
• Assist in assessing, defining and monitoring the State’s vulnerability to the impacts of a terrorist event.
• Assist in determining state and local government ongoing needs (personnel, materials, planning and training) to effectively respond to a major terrorist incident.
• Work with local emergency management to develop safe and efficient response plans for regional resources and conduct exercises to test and refine the capability of the task force to deploy regional response assets.
How can I help?
Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Public Health officials have plans and procedures for responding to all types of hazardous situations.
It is critical to be well informed and remain watchful of things around you.
Report anything that appears suspicious or out of the ordinary by calling 911 or your local FBI office.
How can I prepare?
Learn shelter-in-place procedures and prepare a sheltering kit.
Shelter-in-place procedures are used for chemical or biological attacks (or even a hazardous spill)!
Procedures for sheltering in place include:
• Identify a safe room in the home with as few doors and windows as possible. Bring/store your disaster supply kit in the safe room.
• Shutting off the ventilation system and latching all doors and windows to reduce airflow from the outside.
• Use precut plastic sheeting to cover openings where air can enter the room, including doors, windows, vents, and electrical outlets.
• Tape plastic sheeting around all doors and windows using duct tape to ensure a good seal.
• Listen to a battery-powered radio for the all clear.
If there is an explosion:
• Take cover if heavy debris is falling. Leave the building as quickly as possible.
• NEVER take an elevator if there is a fire or if you question the structural integrity of the building.
• Use fire escapes and assist individuals with physical disabilities to evacuate.
When you travel:
• If you are traveling to a foreign country, check the U.S. Department of State web page for any travel advisories or procedure changes.
• Keep your identification papers in a secure place at all times.
• Check with the airlines in advance for any special safety procedures in place.
• Cooperate with officials who are responsible for security inspections.
As always; if you See Something, Say Something!
Article content from Collier County Government; Southwest Florida.
Also; please check out the other blogs, and tabs to many other Links, Updates, Reports & Stats that we have here on our informational website. ☘
We hope that you find the information useful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barry or Kim with the Hoey Team ☘ brokered by eXp Realty
“Please Share this and our informational website with anyone who you think the info will help.
Feel free to refer any family or friends; it is the greatest compliment that you can give to us; we really appreciate referrals from Past Customers, Friends and Fellow REALTORS, who we help in any way we can.
Most of our business is referrals by word of mouth; from past Sellers and Buyers who we have helped; please ask for and check out our testimonials and Sales Stats. Thanks, Barry & Kim ☘”
"Your Real Estate Concierge" If you are looking for a REALTOR® or one-stop Real Estate Team who will fully communicate; promptly, professionally, and in detail with you, to efficiently help you wit....
Latest Blog Posts
Nationally, cash buyers made up about 1/3 of all 2021 home sales so far, but that percentage rises to 52.6% in West Palm Beach, the top metro for cash sales in the U.S. The ratio was 52%
With pandemic numbers rising again from some sources; it’s shaken investors and pushed 30-year mortgage rates lower again this week, though adjustable rates moved a little higher.MCLEAN, Va.
Hello,Barry & Kim with the Hoey Team 🍀 239RealEstateDeals.Com LLC ☘ hope that you and yours are doing good; wherever you are located.Hot off the press please find