Hello,Barry & Kim with the Hoey Team 🍀 239RealEstateDeals.Com LLC ☘ hope that you and yours are doing good.10/22/2021 - Hot off the press please find info from the
Prepare an All-Hazards Supply Kit for Emergencies ☘ Hoey Team ☘ eXp Realty
Dated: August 29 2019
Get A Kit
Having a basic survival kit on-hand to sustain yourself and your family after an emergency is an essential part of preparation.
Think first about basic survival needs:
Fresh water, food, clean air and warmth.
Store your supplies in a portable container as close as possible to an exit and review the contents of your kit at least once a year.
Include in your kit:
• 3-day supply of water: 1 gallon per person per day but you may need more; consult with your doctor
• 3-day supply of non-perishable food that meets your dietary requirements
• Manual can opener or pop top cans/containers and eating utensils
• Medical equipment and assistive devices
• Medications and a list of prescription name, dosage, frequency, and doctor contact information
• Cooler with an ice pack if medications need to be refrigerated
• Medical alert tags or bracelets to identify your disability-related need
• Supplies for a service animal or pets including 3-day supply of food and water, ID tags, proof of vaccinations, and veterinarian contact information
• Portable, battery-powered radio (preferably NOAA Weather Radio)
• Extra batteries
• Basic first aid kit and manual
• Warm clothing and blankets depending on the time of year
• Filter face masks (Dust Mask)
• List of emergency contact information
• Photocopies of important documents (birth certificate, license, insurances information, etc.)
• Cash and coins (cash dispensing machines may not work due to electricity or there is no cash available)
• Sanitation and hygiene items (hand sanitizer, denture care, moist towelettes, absorbent pads, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
• Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper: 9 parts water to 1 part bleach can be used as a disinfectant, 16 drops of bleach to 1 gallon of water can be used to treat water in an emergency (do not use scented, color safe, or bleaches with added cleaners)
• Items for infants (formula, diapers, bottles, and pacifiers) if applicable
This supply kit is a good start, but depending on your situation, you may need more or less items to survive after an emergency.
Another good idea is to use a suitcase with rollers to make it easier on yourself and your family.
Also if you don’t feel like shopping for these items separately, you can purchase them online or at stores in your area.
Finally, you do need to understand that emergency responders may not be able to get to you right away and having a kit will help you between the period of time you are rescued after a disaster.
Hopefully you will not have to ever use the kit.
Are you willing to risk being unprepared when a natural disaster occurs?
Article content from Collier County Government; Southwest Florida and from our personal experiences. In 2017 we had Hurricane Irma come through; Barry & Kim encountered a large amount of damage at the time as the eye passed over us, it was the worst recorded hurricane in history, at the time, then Michael hit the Panhandle, where building codes were not as strengent and where we witnessed more damage than we had here in SWFL.
Also; please check out the other blogs, and tabs to many other Links, Updates, Reports & Stats that we have here on our informational website. ☘
We hope that you find the information useful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barry or Kim with the Hoey Team ☘ brokered by eXp Realty
“Please Share this and our informational website with anyone who you think the info will help.
Feel free to refer any family or friends; it is the greatest compliment that you can give to us; we really appreciate referrals from Past Customers, Friends and Fellow REALTORS, who we help in any way we can.
Most of our business is referrals by word of mouth; from past Sellers and Buyers who we have helped; please ask for and check out our testimonials and Sales Stats. Thanks, Barry & Kim ☘”
"Your Real Estate Concierge" If you are looking for a REALTOR® or one-stop Real Estate Team who will fully communicate; promptly, professionally, and in detail with you, to efficiently help you wit....
Latest Blog Posts
Loan limits will likely go up to $625K in 2022, but FHFA hasn’t announced it yet. Still, higher home values have convinced some lenders to boost loan limits now.WASHINGTON –
A price increase of almost 20% year-to-year is unheard of – until now. Home prices hit record highs in 19 of the 20 cities included in monthly Case-Shiller reports.WASHINGTON (AP) ;
Today’s market isn’t like the boom-bust cycle leading up to the Great Recession: Tough loan standards are the norm, plus many factors have kept housing supply low.MCLEAN, Va. –