Small businesses that borrowed $150K or less can soon apply for loan forgiveness directly through the Small Business Administration rather than their lender.WASHINGTON – The U.S. Small
Home Furnishings Trend: Brass is Back ☘ Hoey Team ☘ eXp Realty
Dated: April 9 2020
For years brass has been on the sidelines, but it’s making a comeback. Here are ways homeowners can incorporate the finish to add glamour and help homes stand out.
After years of chrome, stainless steel, and nickel being the shining stars of interior metals, brass is back and starting to steal the show.
As with many home furnishings trends, the comeback was inspired by what’s occurring in fashion. In this case, gold and rose gold watches became influencers a few years ago, says Chicago designer Tom Segal of Kaufman Segal Design, who thinks that home furnishings styles tend to be cyclical. Now he’s adding small brass details to rooms in the same way a gold watch might peek out of a shirt cuff.
Using brass now is an easy, affordable way for homeowners to customize and stay on trend. “Many people want a warmer look, which is also visible in fabrics as warmer colors return,” Segal says.
Erin Imhof, showroom supervisor at Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery in Lansdale, Pa., has noted an increase in brass finishes. She attributes it to how they complement a wide range of colors and other finishes. “Many of today’s top color trends for kitchens and bathrooms, including all-white, blue, and black, pair beautifully with brass fixtures,” she says.
Others concur that brass is a universal mixer. “Our designers like to integrate brass into their designs, whether it’s an accent like a decorative bowl, object of art, light fixture, or metal base on an end table,” says Julie Sprouse, design sales manager at Ethan Allen, the home furnishings chain based in Danbury, Conn.
Caitie Smithe, a design coordinator and stylist at the Walter E. Smithe Furniture + Design retailer based in Itasca, Ill., also considers brass a material that can be used throughout a home, including light fixtures, hardware, and even light switches and vent controls. Other good places to use brass include bathroom hardware, plumbing fixtures such as sinks, and accessory details like candleholders or picture frames.
Here are five tips for using brass that you can pass on to your clients.
1. Use sparingly. Brass works best when used in small doses. Too much can create a “too matchy-matchy” look, according to Smithe. Overuse can make it start to look cheap, says Segal. “Moderation is key,” he says.
2. Mix finishes. Brass appears more timeless rather than trendy when it’s matte, brushed, or aged, which helps soften its sheen, Segal says. But be careful, Smithe says, when mixing brasses in a single space from different manufacturers. “There is a huge range in color and brightness. Some take on a bright yellow color while others can be more of an aged gold,” she says.
3. Combine warm metal colors. Brass, gold, and bronze can work well together since they share similar warm values versus shiny nickel, which leans toward the colder side, says Sprouse.
4. Mix metals. Some designers also think brass, satin, brushed nickel, stainless steel, and oil-rubbed bronze can be used together. But Imhoff still offers some caution. “Go with similar warm, muted undertones for some consistency,” she says. Chicago designer Summer Thornton likes mixing metals, particularly in kitchens and bathrooms where she might use brass, nickel, and steel combinations.
5. Consider longevity. How long brass will stay fashionable is unknown. When it becomes too ubiquitous in retail stores, shelter magazines, and on design websites, it may be time to move on. The good news is that brass touches are easy to add in and switch out.
Article content from our National Association of REALTORS (NAR) Newsletter Magazine, and from other sources including Hoey Team ☘
NOTE for Buyers and Sellers: On our "VIRUS FREE" Hoey Team ☘ VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE Page you may WATCH ? Detailed HD 3D Immersive VIDEO ? Walkthrough Tours for all our COMING to MLS & AVAILABLE LISTINGS without any Coronavirus; COVID-19 worries right HERE: ? www.SWFLVRE.com ? ?
For more Real Estate related information as we go throught this COVID-19 experience, or if you have questions on any aspect of Buying, Selling, Upsizing, Downsizing, Moving within or Relocating to or from Florida (the number 1 state for people to move to), or on any aspect of the Real Estate Market, Locally, Nationally or Internationally, please let us know, we can help, we can address / answer your questions, and we are always available to help you or someone you know.
P.S. --> If You'd like for me to create a regular Video Tour for ANY of the Properties on our website, just CLICK "Video Request Button"; from property details. We can visit the property and record you a video, or, if you want, we can do a one on one Facebook Live Showing: https://barryhoey.exprealty.com/
Hope Everyone Remains Safe; we are all in this together; and we trust that we will get through this Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic more united, as one, with as little loss as possible.
Please let Kim or Barry know if we can do anything to help anyone in need here in Southwest Florida, weither it is for you or for a loved one, and we are able to help in a responsible social distncing way, we will certainly do what we can to help.
Also; please check out the other blogs, and tabs to many other Links, Updates, Reports & Stats that we have here on our informational website. ☘
We hope that you find the information useful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barry or Kim with the Hoey Team ☘ brokered by eXp Realty
“Please Share this and our informational website with anyone who you think the info will help.
Feel free to refer any family or friends; it is the greatest compliment that you can give to us; we really appreciate referrals from Past Customers, Friends and Fellow REALTORS, who we help in any way we can.
Most of our business is referrals by word of mouth; from past Sellers and Buyers who we have helped; please ask for and check out our testimonials and Sales Stats. Thanks, Barry & Kim ☘”
"Your Real Estate Concierge" If you are looking for a REALTOR® or one-stop Real Estate Team who will fully communicate; promptly, professionally, and in detail with you, to efficiently help you wit....
Latest Blog Posts
Nationally, cash buyers made up about 1/3 of all 2021 home sales so far, but that percentage rises to 52.6% in West Palm Beach, the top metro for cash sales in the U.S. The ratio was 52%
With pandemic numbers rising again from some sources; it’s shaken investors and pushed 30-year mortgage rates lower again this week, though adjustable rates moved a little higher.MCLEAN, Va.
Hello,Barry & Kim with the Hoey Team 🍀 239RealEstateDeals.Com LLC ☘ hope that you and yours are doing good; wherever you are located.Hot off the press please find