May 7, 2021 The Joe Biden Administration's recent tax proposal includes a $500,000 limit on the amount of deferred gain from Section 1031 like-kind exchanges. If the proposal becomes part
5 Ways to Get Started With Smart-Home Technology ☘ Hoey Team ☘ eXp Realty Florida
Dated: November 16 2019
Barry has the Smart Home Certification. Check out this article:
Make your first dive into smart home tech with these product recommendations
There is a plethora of smart-home products on the market, and often the biggest obstacle for homeowners looking into this technology is deciding where to begin. After installing smart-home devices in my own home, I decided to compile a list of five products that will serve as a solid foundation for a client’s home.
1. Voice Assistant. The most common way that homeowners get started with smart-home technology is by purchasing a voice assistant device such as an Amazon Echo (Alexa) or Google Home Assistant. These come in a variety of sizes, from the Google Mini or Echo Dot to the larger hubs such as the Google Hub or Echo Show, which offer touch screens and more robust speakers. Your client can place them in popular areas in the house, such as the kitchen or bedroom, to look up information, play music, and control other smart-home devices. From there, homeowners can choose other smart-home products that are compatible with their voice assistant.
2. Smart Thermostat. The next item that energy-conscious homeowners will want to purchase is a smart thermostat. Popular brands include Ecobee, Nest, and Honeywell. Nest has been acquired by Google, which is transitioning the “works with Nest” program to work with Google Assistant and offer additional products such as a video doorbell, a lock, cameras, and a security system. Ecobee is my personal favorite since it includes an additional occupancy and temperature sensor that can be placed in any room of the home. Both systems have scheduling and geofence features that will adjust settings based on whether the owner is home using their phone as a presence sensor.
3. Video Doorbell. Ring has helped video doorbells gain popularity with their aggressive advertising on Nextdoor and Facebook; there are other great options from Google, Simplisafe, and Skybell. A video doorbell allows the homeowner to see who’s at the door, monitor when packages arrive, and avoid those pesky door-to-door salespeople. But if you don’t have a strong Wi-Fi connection you’ll be disappointed with the video quality.
4. Lighting. Whether you install a switch at the wall or just replace a few lightbulbs, smart lighting is a popular choice for convenience, security, and entertainment. I recommend going with a system such as Lutron, which does not require a neutral wire and can be controlled via voice or application with a smart bridge device. Philips Hue or LIFX bulbs are both great options for lighting up a room with color, and each includes a variety of scenes that can help set the mood. Smart lights and switches can also be integrated with a home hub such as Hubitat and connected to other devices such as door or motion sensors.
5. Plugs. Plugs are another cost-effective way to control “dumb” devices such as lamps, fans, or holiday lights. This allows the homeowner to setup a variety of automations and use his or her smartphone or voice assistant to turn them on or off. Some versions also include energy monitoring, which can be used to trigger other automations or to simply let the owner know how much power they’re currently using.
Article content from Realtor Magazine; Brandon Doyle, and from other sources. If you have questions on any aspect of the Real Estate Market, Locally, Nationally or Internationally, please let us know, we can answer your questions.
Also; please check out the other blogs, and tabs to many other Links, Updates, Reports & Stats that we have here on our informational website. ☘
We hope that you find the information useful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barry or Kim with the Hoey Team ☘ brokered by eXp Realty
“Please Share this and our informational website with anyone who you think the info will help.
Feel free to refer any family or friends; it is the greatest compliment that you can give to us; we really appreciate referrals from Past Customers, Friends and Fellow REALTORS, who we help in any way we can.
Most of our business is referrals by word of mouth; from past Sellers and Buyers who we have helped; please ask for and check out our testimonials and Sales Stats. Thanks, Barry & Kim ☘”
"Your Real Estate Concierge" If you are looking for a REALTOR® or one-stop Real Estate Team who will fully communicate; promptly, professionally, and in detail with you, to efficiently help you wit....
Latest Blog Posts
Hello,First of all Kim and I hope that you and yours are doing good; wherever you are located ☘Hot off the press please find info from the just released February 2021 Market Report combined
From cabinets to appliances, green has emerged as a trending color in the kitchen.Remember those 1970s avocado-green appliances? They may not be looking so outdated nowadays. Variations of green are
Home prices are rising quickly, bidding wars are common, and housing shortages aboundIt’s not easy to be a home buyer this spring. “I have been in the business for more than 30 years,